Thursday, August 13, 2009

Should Drake Be In This Countdown ?! NO


This is what I said about that on Onsmash.com-
"With his recent mixtape ? Absouletly not. A lot of people, like you guys already stated, are on his dick because of Young Money. His last two will never be shown the light nor broadcasted by Young Money or any other person that JUST found Drake. ‘Comeback Season’ is his best Mixtape so far. He should be in the countdown because of his lyrics and NOTHING ELSE. I feel though, that that will not be the case. All I hear in these clubs and cars is ‘Best I Ever Had’. What about ‘Closer To My Dreams’, or anything with him and Nickelus F ?!"

And after numerous comments later I came back to comment again ! Drake is widley discussed almost as much as Obama even. Well, in the Hip Hop world atleast, ha ha.

"We should be the ones on MTV debating about this, instead of those “critics” ! Ha ha, all of you guys are exactly right. Well, except these lists of MC’s. I’m not going in on THAT. ‘So Far Gone’ IS a good mixtape, don’t get me wrong, but it’s not his best work from his previous two mixtapes. When I think about it, his ass had wayyyy more RECOGNIZABLE artists on So Far Gone so that was alreay going to be a major push for his ass to be in the public eye. You can see progress from ‘Room For Improvement’ to ‘Comeback Season’, hence the names. With ‘So Far Gone’, it was just a a couple bars from him and the rest was up to the more RECOGNIZABLE artists. Much respect to Drake, but he shouldn’t be on the list."

What do you guys think ?

1 comment:

  1. IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER TO ME IF HE'S ON THE LIST OR NOT BECAUSE I GO OFF MY OWN OPINION. I HAVE MY "LIST" OF MY FAV SO THAT'S WHERE I'M AT. YOU'RE RIGHT, PPL EMBRACE HIM FOR THE WRONG REASON; HIS AFFLIATION...HE'S A DOPE LYRICIST. WHICH IS WHAT I RESPECT...

    ReplyDelete